COVID-19 PANDEMIC PERIOD
SUMMER PRACTICE APPLICATION PROCESS
First make a list of potential companies/institutions you would be contacting for the internship(s). Most of them will require a statement from the Department indicating that you are obliged to conduct a summer practice. There are 2 options for the internship(s) to be completed within this pandemic period:
- “Virtual (Online)” internship;
- “On location” internship (requiring physical presence of the student at the company/institution during the internship period).
A. “VIRTUAL (ONLINE)” INTERNSHIP :
2. Ask for an acceptance letter from the company/institution and send this letter to Tercan Çataklı via e-mail. Make sure that the company/institution states that your internship will be completed as online. Otherwise, your internship will be considered as “On location”, and the rules for the “On location” internship will be valid.
- Steps 3, 4 and 5 will be exactly the same as with the “On location” internship stated below.
- Insurance is necessary for both Virtual and on location internship(s).
- It is necessary for the student to provide a written document to the Internship Coordinator before the internship, listing all the details of the online activities and assignments to be completed within the internship period.
- A document must be obtained from the place of the internship after completion of the internship, stating a proof of online participation of the student during the internship period, and that the student has been successfully involved within all the necessary activities and completed all necessary assignments for the internship.
B. “ON LOCATION” INTERNSHIP :
2. Ask for an acceptance letter and obtain a letter of consent (Pandemi Döneminde Stajyer Öğrenci İçin Kurum Tarafından Verilen Muvafakat Belgesi) from the company/institution. Send these documents to Tercan Çataklı via e-mail. It is a must to obtain a letter of consent, otherwise you will not be able to conduct your internship.
3. To be insured during the internship, you have to fill out two forms. First, you have to fill out the insurance application form (Stajyer Öğrenci Bilgileri Formu / Student Information Form for Summer Practice). Next, you have to fill out the statement of your current insurance status. If you are currently covered under the health insurance of your family/parents (your answer to question at the end of the Stajyer Ogrenci Bilgileri Formu should be “Var/Yes”), then fill out Form A. If you are not currently covered under a health insurance (your answer to question at the end of the Stajyer Ogrenci Bilgileri Formu should be “Yok/No”), then fill out Form B. Additionally fill-in the 3rd and 5th pages of ‘Summer Practice Evaluation Booklet’. You should be submitting this booklet to the company/institution where you will be conducting your summer practice. Remind them to send the evaluation form to the Department once the internship is completed.
4. After you fill-out and sign the forms, send them to Tercan Çataklı via e-mail. Please note that the majority of the Human Resources staff are on summer vacation leave during the summer period. Therefore, fill-out and submit the forms as early as you can.
5. Register for ENVE 300 and/or ENVE 400 for the next Fall semester. Submit your report at the beginning (Monday) of the 3rd week of the Fall Semester. Your summer practice will be valid only for two semesters. If you do not submit your report within the two semesters following the completion of the internship, then you will have to complete another summer practice.