All environmental engineering students at other Universities would be conducting a summer practice as well. As a result, it is to your advantage to arrange your summer practice as early as possible. Please follow the steps in the flowchart.
1. First make research and decide on the companies/institutions you would be contacting. Most of them will require a statement from the Department indicating that you are obliged to conduct a summer practice. Please fill-in the
and send to Teaching Assistants via e-mail. Your application form will be signed by Summer Practice Coordinator and then will be sent back to you by e-mail. Submit the application form to the company/institution where you will be conducting your summer practice.
2. Ask for an acceptance letter from the company/institution. Send these documents to Teaching Assistants via e-mail.
3. To be insured during the internship, you have to fill out two forms. First, you have to fill out the insurance application form (Stajyer Öğrenci Bilgileri Anketi / Student Information Survey for Summer Practice). Next, you have to fill out the statement of your current insurance status. If you are currently covered under the health insurance of your family/parents (your answer to question at the end of the Student Information Survey should be “Var/Yes”), then fill out Form A. If you are not currently covered under a health insurance (your answer to question at the end of the Student Information Survey should be “Yok/No”), then fill out Form B. Additionally fill-in the 1st, 3rd and 5th pages of ‘Summer Practice Evaluation Booklet’ and upload all pages of the document to the “Google drive folder” which will be assigned to you. The booklet will be sent back to you after it is signed by the Summer Practice Coordinator. You should be submitting this signed booklet to the company/institution where you will be conducting your summer practice. Remind them to send the evaluation form to the Department once the internship is completed.
Additional information is available at METU-Human Resources Website. Please note that the personnel take their vacation during summer. Therefore, fill out and submit the forms as early as you can.
4. After you fill-out and sign the forms, send them to Teaching Assistants via e-mail. Please note that the majority of the Human Resources staff are on summer vacation leave during the summer period. Therefore, fill-out and submit the forms as early as you can.
5. Register for ENVE 300 and/or ENVE 400 for the next Fall semester. Submit your report at the beginning (Monday) of the 3rd week of the Fall Semester. Your summer practice will be valid only for two semesters. If you do not submit your report within the two semesters following the completion of the internship, then you will have to complete another summer practice.