Dual PhD Degree Program with Carnegie Mellon University
A joint Ph.D. program is established with the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of the Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) with the Memorandum of Understanding signed by both CMU’s President Prof. Dr. Jared L. Cohon and METU’s President Prof. Dr. Ahmet Acar in 2012. Under this program, Ph.D. candidates at CMU and METU can earn a Ph.D. degree in Environmental Engineering at each institution.
Candidates for the Dual Ph.D. Degree Program must:
- apply and be admitted to both departments
- meet all requirements for both the METU Environmental Engineering Ph.D. program and the CMU Civil and Environmental Engineering Ph.D. program
- create doctoral dissertations that satisfy a committee of faculty from both institutions
- spend part of their time resident for a minimum of 2 years at each campus
- pay tuition and fees to the institution at which they are resident